It’s only 2 days for Christmas!! How crazy is this?! I am feeling so excited and also sad because is almost over.
I could not do a Christmas movie list for this time of the year. I know is not craft but I think we need to enjoy some family time and do a break to enjoy and appreciate all the work we have done so far.
This is not a Have To list is more my personal taste and the movies that have a special affection for this time of the year. Some have accompanied trough my childhood every Christmas others just have some meaning to me for this season.
- Home Alone (1990)
- Kevin is an 8-year-old boy with 4 siblings and because he is the youngest brother is ridiculed by them. With all the rush to get to the airport accidently, they left Kevin home alone. What nobody did know is that two burglars are around the corner trying to still houses while the family are off for vacations. This way start the journey of Kevin to enjoy being alone and to stop the burglars.
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992)
- This time, they get to the airport with Kevin, but they have some miss judge and he end up in a different flyte, destination: New York City. Kevin see himself alone again tis time in the Big Apple, but who is also there are the two burglars.
- This is my favourite, despite the lack of funny moments with Kevin stopping the burglars, this movie is more sentimental and gives more importance to the sadness of Kevin been spending the Christmas away from his family.
- Shrek (2001)
- An ogre crosses with a donkey to rescue a princess from a villainous lord who need to marry the princess so he can have all the land of the kindom back.
- This movie is not Christmas at all, but I love the friendship and love mensage and this season is great by the love of friends and family.
- Shrek 2 (2004)
- Shrek is going to met for the first time their in-laws for celebrating their marriage and what he isn’t expecting is a charming prince who is going to try still Fiona’s heart.
- Shrek the Third (2007)
- When is father-in-law gets hill, Shrek is looked at as the heir to the land of Far, Far Way. Shrek recruits Puss in Boots and Donkey on a journey to find Artie as the new king. Also, Fiona gets pregnant which give nightmares to Shrek.
- Shrek Forever After (2010)
- Shrek is tired of his responsibility as a family man and signs an agreement with Rumpelstiltskin which he erases one day of Shrek childhood memories that he doesn’t remember in exchange of a day like a real ogre. Shrek finds himself in a parallel universe where we never meet Donkey and Puss in Boots and he never saved princess Fiona, what he didn’t know is that Rumpelstiltskin erases Shrek birth.
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol (1983)
- I love Mickey and all his friends. They are my favourite characters and I couldn’t let this movie out of the list.
- Mickey’s Magical Christmas (2001)
- Despite Mickey’s friends also appears Disney Princesses to join the Christmas party at Mickey’s house.
- Pink Panther: A Pink Christmas (1978)
- The Pink Panther employs various strategies in an effort to get himself a big holiday dinner.
- Pink Panther: A Very Pink Christmas (2011)
- Pink panther and Big Nose establish a rival and competitive Christmas Tree businesses in their attempts to earn and purchase price for a mutually coveted luxury car.
- Another character I have a big affection for and was present in my childhood, so have a special place in my heart in Christmas.
- Frozen (2013)
- Is the youngest Disney Princess and is also magical. Elsa has the power of turn things into ice and when younger she and her sister Anna used to play with Elsa’s powers when accidently Elsa almost killed is the younger sister. Elsa starts to be afraid os is powers and when she is crown Queen she accidently curse is home and all the village to an infinite winter. Anna teams up with a mountain man and his playful reindeer and her best friend Olaf, a snowman to change the weather and bring Elsa back home.
This is my Christmas movie list which ended up being a quite long post. Some of them don’t have any relation with Christmas but represent love affection and family values I preserve and appreciate.
What are your favourite Christmas movies or which movie you love to watch on this season?