I can’t believe its only 5 days until Christmas! Time run so fast, it feels like yesterday I was publishing the first 24 Crafty Day post, and now it’s less them a week to Christmas.
Today is about cupcakes! Small sweet pleasures for every day of the year! This recipe is from Zoella, she’s a British blogger and YouTuber, also, she loves baking and I think is the must Christmassy person I know, so she is the right one to give us these delicious cupcakes.
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 125ml black treacle
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 175g all-purpose flour or plain flour
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/ tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 125ml cup hot milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 175ºC and pop some cupcake cases in a cupcake tin.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the treacle and the egg and the egg yolk.
- Then, in a separate large bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Carefully heat up the milk but be careful not to boil it, and then dissolve in the baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture and stir until combine. Stir in the hot milk mixture.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the cases. Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly springy to the touch. Allow to cool down for a few minutes in the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now you can choose what coverage you want: royal icing, buttercream or fondant. She did with buttercream.
- 240g butter, softened
- 400g icing sugar, sifted
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 4tbsp milk
- Cream the butter in a large bowl until smooth, gradually adding the icing sugar and continue to cream until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and the milk and cream until combined.
- Spoon the buttercream into a large piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. You can pipe from the outside in, finishing in a point to create a swirl. Then you can top the cupcakes with sprinkles!